How To Measure Your Ring Size
If you’re shopping for someone else, the best way to find his or her ring size is to ask. If you’re planning a surprise, get help from friends and family. The average ring size available for women ranges from size 3 to size 9. The most commonly purchased women’s rings range between size 5 and size 7. Size 6 is the most popular. The average ring size available for men ranges from size 6 to size 13. The most commonly purchased men’s rings range between size 8 to 10-½. Size 9 is the most popular. These standard ring sizes can help guide you in the right direction. If you do not see the size you need, contact our experts for help placing a special order. There are also a number of at-home methods to find your ring size.
To help you find your ring size, our Provence Jewelry experts have put together this complete ring size guide including a ring size chart, printable ring sizer, and tips for measuring at home. We have three simple techniques for measuring ring size at home!
Measure Your Ring Size With These Steps: String, Paper & Ruler
- Wrap string or paper around the base of your finger.
- Mark the point where the ends meet with a pen.
- Measure the string or paper with a ruler (mm).
- Pick the closest measurement on the ring size chart to find your ring size.
Tips for Measuring Your Ring Size
- Make sure your fingers are at a “normal” size when you measure them. Fingers shrink a bit in cold weather, and they swell after you’ve had alcohol, after you’ve exercised.
- If your knuckle is particularly big, you may want to choose a bigger ring size so that the ring can fit over the knuckle
- Size differences between your left and right hand often exist! Fingers are also fickle creatures that like to change sizes through the seasons (eg when you’re in hot weather, they may swell a little) and during pregnancy.
- What’s a good fit like? Your ring should slip on easily, but be snug and slightly difficult to remove.
What If I Order The Wrong Ring Size?
Don’t let the question of size stress you out. Provence Jewelry provides complimentary resizing for most engagement rings and wedding bands within the manufacturer’s recommended sizing range, during the first year. If you need a different ring, we offer a 30-day exchange policy for your convenience.
We are happy to exchange your ring for another ring in the correct size within 30 days of purchase. It is important to note that should you opt for an exchange, your new ring may contain fewer or more gemstones, diamonds, or a reduction or increase in precious metal weight, which may cause an increase or decrease in the price.